April 23, 2014

A splash of spring on your nails with Essie Nail Polish.


Nail Varnish (left to right): Essie "Splash of Grenadine", Kiko "817", Rimmel "Breakfast in Bed", Revlon "Cherries in the snow", Essie "Cute as a Button", Collection "Coral Reef".
Happy belated Easter everyone! Hope you all had a relaxing fun Easter break, enjoying eating chocolate and spending time with family, friends and some well deserved beauty reading.

I always really look forward to long weekends and even more in this period of the year, since it is the only time where I can go nuts with nail polishes and add a bit of colour to my days.

To me this has become a real routine, a little pampering session where I choose a different colour every weekend and I dedicate some time relaxing watching some You Tube videos and applying my nail polish..a true joy (I know some of you can understand this feeling).

So I have been quite obsessed with some spring bright colours recently and I have a feeling that my nail polish collection will keep growing in the next few months, especially now that we are getting towards the summer.

Essie "Cute as a Button"
How cute is this nail polish? A gorgeous bright peachy / coral colour, perfect for this season.
I really love Essie, they have many fantastic colours (the spring collection is so beautiful) and they are long lasting which is always a pro.

Revlon "Cherries in the snow"
This Revlon nail polish was a real surprise to me. It looks like a red colour in the photo but actually is more like  cherry (here the name Cherries in the snow) and it's such a sophisticated nail polish, a great option if you don't want to wear a classic red on your nails.

Rimmel "Breakfast in Bed"
"Breakfast in Bed" it's a lovely light duck egg colour. When I picked this nail polish in Boots I was imagining wearing a light summery blouse, shorts and sandals. I think it's a great spring nail polish. It dries very quickly (I haven't counted the 60 seconds I'm afraid) but I found that it needed a couple of coats to be really visible and uniform.

Collection "Coral Reef"

Only one word can describe this nail polish: Vibrant. 
I love this Collection gel nail colour, it has a nice finishing texture and dries very quickly. Plus the shade says it all: beautiful bright lively coral colour. The gel finish leaves a nice shine. I love to match this type of nail polish with a simple black dress or a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. It helps to complete this simple type of look.

Essie "Splash of Grenadine"
Some of you might know already that Pantone colour of the year 2014 it's Radiant Orchid, a beautiful purple which reminds me a lot of this Essie "Splash of grenadine", the star of this blog post. 
The Essie one probably is a more pinkish version of the Radiant Orchid, but it is stunning in it's own way. It's such a warm lovely colour and can be easily worn with every type of outfit.

Kiko "817"
Last but not least it's this Kiko nail polish, which should be a staple in every ladies's draw. Kiko do fantastic nail polishes, they last for ages and dry quickly. They also have a nice large brush which makes the whole application process really fast and easy. Big thumbs up.

So ladies, I hope with this blog post I have inspired you to try new colours that always help to brighten up the day :)
Happy spring time to you all!
Baci xxx


8 comments:

  1. Ooh, love all the shades, so pretty for this time of year :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) Glad you liked the post!
      I love wearing a bit of extra colour especially during weekends.

      Ila x

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the look of that Rita Ora Rimmel polish - it's so pretty. I love pastel polishes xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gemma!
      Thanks for leaving your comment :) i do love pastel colours as well especially in spring and summer. I can't wait to try more colours!

      Ila x

      Delete
  3. I really like your weekend routine - sounds so wonderful! And the colours are gorgeous, perfect for spring! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehehehe thanks Natalia, I do like my weekend routine very much and it helps me to relax and have a mental break from work :)

      Ila x

      Delete
  4. You can never go wrong with Essie!! So many gorgeous colours!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk - hope we can follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow awesome...

    http://www.angelnx.com/

    http://www.angelnx.com/Lehenga-choli

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

”related
 
The Cleanser beauty blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat