February 16, 2014

January's Favourites: My Top 6 Make-Up products of the month.


As promised ladies and gents, here it's the second part of my favourites of the last months: this time it's all about Make-Up.
These are the ones that you can find everyday in my bag and I can't stop raving about.

Starting from lips, I am addicted to the REVLON chubby crayons: balms fused with lip-stain that has a dual function of keeping your lips moist like a lip balm and coloured like a light lipstick. 
So your lips will be softer and smoother but with a nice flush of colour.

There are various shades and finishes available, but I fell in love with 2 of them: REVLON Just Bitten Kissable in Honey Douche (#001) and REVLON Colorburst Lacquer Balm (#120)

REVLON Just Bitten Kissable in Honey Douche (#001) It's a gorgeous nude / pink shade that suits all types of skin colour and it's a typical everyday lipstick that add that "something" to your look, plus leaves your lips nice and smooth. 
It doesn't have the lasting of a lipstick but I was really surprised to notice that after a couple of hours the colour was still there.

REVLON Colorburst Lacquer Balm (#120) It's that ray of sunshine! It's a hot pink and a shade that I have been enjoying wearing when the weather outside is grey and I feel I need that burst of colour to cheer me up.
It's a vibrant shiny shade but really wearable. The texture it's fantastic, really creamy even more than the Just Bitten Kissable one.

What I find great about these REVLON Crayons it's the fact that you can be very precise in your application and you can use them as lip pencil, lip balm and lipstick at the same time. Just brilliant!


BOBBI BROWN Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque I must be honest I have been reading over and over and over about how brilliant this corrector is before I decided to test it out myself. Now, not many correctors and concealers in the past have been passing the test of my dark circles and this is a really busy time for me where I have been working long hours and not having enough sleep so I was genuinely a little pessimistic about how well it would perform!
Well I couldn't have been more wrong. Seriously wrong. This was the best corrector I have ever used! Strong claim I know, but I found it amazing the fact that you can choose between so many shades that all seem tailored for specific skin colour and the consistency- it's just great, it stays on for hours and covered ALL the dark areas under my eyes.



L' OREAL PARIS Chrome Shine in Dazzling Khaki (#171) is an intense shimmery eyeshadow with hints of silver and green, a bit different from all the other shades out there. It's a beautiful colour and it can be built up if you like a more intense look. It's also great with a black winged eyeliner.


THE NATURAL COLLECTION WaterGuard Mascara in Brown / Black.  This mascara was such a bargain!(£1.99). I find The Natural Collection make-up products really great from a quality / price point of view and I can't really understand how I don't find more reviews about this brand.
This is a lovely mascara, I use it for  "everyday looks" and you just need a couple of applications for a fantastic look, not dramatic eyes just really natural.


ZOEVA Luxe Color Blush in Gentle Touch This is the last of my Top 6 favourite products of the past month. For those of you who are not familiar with Zoeva, it's a great make-up brand known mainly for their make up brushes (which are fantastic by the way). I was purchasing a couple of brushes online and was tempted to try one of their blushes and I don't regret it all.
This is a gorgeous delicate pink shade, really natural and great for pale and olive skin types.
It's really pigmented and has got a good lasting. Plus the packaging looks more expensive than it is and it has a useful mirror always handy for when you are out and about and you need a touch up.


So these are my favourite Make-up products which I have been using regularly in the past month. I hope I gave you some ideas for new products to try and don't forget to leave a comment below and let me know which one is your favourite :)

Lots of love.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Shireen and I hope you're following The Cleanser :)

      Ila x

      Delete
  2. Hey lovely, Love your blog, I nominated you for the Liebster award, click on my blog to have a look if your interested :) laceandlovexo.blogspot.com.au

    Dani x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dani! How sweet of you thank you :)
      I have already did a blog post for my previous Liebster award nomination but always makes me really happy knowing that you guys like reading my blog! keep it up ;)

      Ila x

      Delete
  3. The revlon crayons really suit you :) plus that's such a pretty blush! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Josie!
      Thanks for your comment :) I absolutely love the crayons and I can't wait to try new colours. Have you tried any yet?

      Ila x

      Delete
  4. I love that you put Dutch tulips in the pictures :) Greetings from Holland ;)

    WOMANOUK (beauty & drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post..

    http://www.angelnx.com/

    http://www.angelnx.com/Lehenga-choli

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

”related
 
The Cleanser beauty blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat