May 21, 2014

Roman Holiday: My beauty and non holiday essentials


Ahhh May, the most anticipated month of the year (after Christmas of course). And why? Only two words: Bank Holidays.

Bank holidays are just great! There is nothing better than having extra free time to go away for  a few days and have a break from the daily grind. Since I am off to Rome for the long weekend, I thought it would be a good idea to show you my Holiday Essentials that I will take with me for my Roman Holiday 
(Thank you so much Polly for the blog post idea :)).

Starting with the Non Beauty Related:

- Sunglasses: How can you NOT wear sunglasses in the sunny Rome? (Having said that the weather podcast for Friday is Rain Rain Rain);
- iPad: Yes an absolute must considering that I will be back home visiting my parents, who unfortunately have a tiny old laptop that takes approx 10 minutes to open an Internet Explorer page;
- Book: One of the many reasons why I love travelling, is because it gives me the chance to read more, which it's something I love doing and I don't do enough. I have recently started to read "The fault in our stars" by John Green and i'm really looking forward to get into the story..I am a sucker for dramas and romance novels;
- Headphones: It's not a proper trip without music (especially if you have a noise neighbour on the plane);
- iPhone: How could I not take my phone with me? Get ready for some holidays photos, I will upload them all on my Instagram;

Now let's talk about the Beauty Essentials:

- The Body Shop Vitamin E cream exfoliator: Lately I have been really enjoying using this gentle exfoliator. It is so delicate on the skin and makes my face feel refreshed and thorougly cleaned;
- Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip balm: my absolutely favourite. I haven't found yet another lip balm that could beat this precious one. It doesn't matter how dry and chapped your lips are, this little fella will give you a new pair of lips;
- Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in "On and on Bronze": You have a small tiny bag and not enough space to carry all your eyeshadows? Well just bring one with you! This shade is just gorgeous, perfect for the summer (especially if you have a bit of a tan on) and it is really quick to apply, you can't go wrong;
- Origins GinZing Eye cream: I cannot go anywhere without my eye cream. This lovely Origins eye cream has a light texture and helps to minimise dark circles and depuff the under eye bags;
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in "Red Fushia": No words needed for this beautiful intense lip stain. If you have this in your make-up holiday bag then you won't need any other;
- The Body shop Moringa body butter: My absolutely favourite floral fragrance from the Body Shop. I have been using this product for years and it is one of my beauty staples;
- Tangle Teezer Hairbrush: I love the fact that this brush is so small. It comes in handy when you are travelling and don't have much space left for your hairbrush;
- Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner: The best best best eyeliner ever. It stays on brilliantly, it's really pigmented and it doesn't smudge. A must try if you haven't yet!

So that's it for my Roman Holiday Essentials! Now I am very curious to know at least one of your Holiday Essentials. Please leave a comment and let me know :)

Baci xxx







18 comments:

  1. I don't read often enough and love a holiday to get stuck into a good book.... I've heard great things about the Stila eyeliner, I'm using a Bourjois pen liner which is brilliant - very black and long lasting. Enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Carrie i will definitely try the Bourjois one, thanks for the suggestions! The stila's one is absolutely great and water resistant which is fantastic considering that my eyes are always watering as soon there is a bit of wind outside :/

      Ila x

      Delete
  2. I cannot live without my tangleteaser anymore brushers are just not the same and you cant go wrong with Body Shop body butter I love this scent and also the blueberry
    New follower on Blogluvin
    Carrieanne x
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrieanne,

      thanks so much for starting following my blog :)
      I never tried the blueberry one but I will definitely do!

      Ila x

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh LOVE The Fault in Our Stars - bordering on obsessed aha! I love reading on holiday too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's great! I am really enjoying it so far :)

      Ila x

      Delete
  4. Great post - I cannot go on a holiday without a good book in tow! Enjoy Rome - I'm so jealous haha! Love from a new follower xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty :) Thanks so much for following my beauty blog!
      Same here I always love taking a good book with me

      Ila x

      Delete
  5. Great post, I really need to invest in a tangle teezer still and get round to reading The Fault in Our Stars as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!!
      Tangle teezer is so good and it doesn't break up my hair at all which is great.
      Definitely suggest to read The fault in our stars so far :)

      Ila x

      Delete
  6. Great post and I love your sunglasses! ;)

    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Svetlana,

      thanks for your comment!
      I have recently got that pair in TKMax and it was a real bargain :) I love big sunglasses.

      Ila x

      Delete
  7. I am loving all of these bank holidays too! I hope you're having a lovely time in Rome.

    My holiday essentials are pretty much the same as you, I definitely always take my Tangle Teezer, I'm thinking of getting the travel one! The Fault in Our Stars is such a good book, can't wait for the film. Let me know what you think of the book!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah,

      I had a really good time thank you!
      So far I am really enjoying that book but I will definitely keep you posted :)

      Ila x

      Delete
  8. I approve of your holiday essentials! Haha. So many products I like in there!
    Sunglasses! That's the one item I have bring to every single holiday. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Olivia! Same here, sunglasses are a must especially for a summer in Italy :)

      Ila x

      Delete
  9. This is such a cool post, whenever I go away I always forget something. This has really helped me.
    www.vanillainnovember.blogspot.co.uk
    Katie. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the great post..

    http://www.angelnx.com/

    http://www.angelnx.com/Sarees

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

”related
 
The Cleanser beauty blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat